WANT TO JOIN US ONLINE FOR MASS? Click on the link below...
No Facebook account is needed. Use the above link on the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge platform This method does not work on Safari or on mobile devices such as cell phones YET.
MASS DIRECTIVES FOR ST MARK
Mass Times: Tuesdays: Noon Wednesdays: 6pm Fridays: 8:15am Weekend: Saturday 4pm Sunday 8:30am & 11am, 1pm (Spanish) **EKU Student Mass: Sundays at St Mark Church 5:00pm
- Dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass continues in the Diocese of Lexington until further notice. If one feels more comfortable going to a weekday Mass with fewer people in attendance, there will be weekday Masses with the Sunday readings, prayers and homily on Tuesdays at noon, on Wednesdays at 6PM and on Fridays at 8:30AM.
- Social distancing of 6 feet between people not living in the same household must be followed. Social distancing is to be practiced at all times and includes seating, processions, communion lines and any lines waiting for admission to the church or exiting.
- Masks are to be worn by the congregation when entering the church and remain on throughout the Mass (except when actually receiving communion).
- Masks are to be worn by ministers at all times when not speaking, reading, or singing as part of their ministry.
- Hand sanitizer is to be available at least at church entrances.
- There will be no choir, sacristans, servers or Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC). There will be 1 lector at each Mass.
- Cantors and musicians must maintain social distancing.
- Ushers are to wear masks and not make physical contact with congregants.
- There will be no offertory procession.
- There will be no passing of collection baskets. Collection baskets will be placed near the sanctuary entrance for receiving offerings.
- There is to be no physical contact during the Lord's Prayer or during the Sign of Peace.
- Hosts to be consecrated for the people are to be placed on the altar in such a way that the priest is not speaking directly over them during the Eucharistic prayer; his own host is to be separate.
- Hand sanitizer is to be used before the distribution of Communion. If inadvertent contact (i.e. hand touching hand) is made, the minister of Communion is to stop and sanitize hands before continuing the distribution. Gloves are not to be worn by the ministers or recipients of communion.
- Only the priest and deacons will distribute communion.
- Communion is to be distributed only in the form of Bread and given to communicants only in the hand. There will be no vocal words at the distribution of communion. The minister will hold up the sacred host and the communicant will bow.
- No paper bulletins will be distributed.
- Any greetings after Mass by the celebrant and deacons will require social distancing.
- Restrooms are to be limited to one person at a time and will be cleaned between Masses.
- 1:00pm (Espanol)
- 5:00pm (when EKU is in session) Sunday, Nov. 22 will be the last 5:00 p.m. for 2020